Monday, March 10, 2014

New excerpt from The Virgin Detective!

A new excerpt from The Virgin Detective. Coming out March 18th.

“I have a confession to make,” I said. “Ben and I hate each other.”
Adele’s eyebrows rose. “Wow. For someone who’s so popular lately, you got a bucket list of hate goin’ on. Lila, Richard, Sherry... Did I leave anybody out?”
“Montrose,” I said.
“No, you like him, remember?”
I moved away from Montrose to Ben. “We met in college. I was a freshman and he was a TA.”
“Sounds boring, like the board game Candy Land.”
“We didn’t get along,” I said, covering up the truth. I poisoned him. Not intentionally, of course, but, nonetheless, he had to have his stomach pumped after he consumed an entire jar of 357 Silver Edition Mad Dog. At the time, the salsa topped the charts of hotness. He found it in my fridge and claimed it was delicious. He couldn’t stop eating it. Too much of a good thing, I suppose. Whatever attraction we had for each other died that night in the emergency room. We hadn’t spoken since.
“Maybe you should take me home,” I said. “Do this on your own.”
“No way. I love a good soap opera.” Adele slammed on the brakes, barely missing an old woman in the crosswalk.

PRE-ORDER NOW:

Barnes & Noble 

iTunes 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment